Thursday, March 27, 2008

Well hello there.

Hi.

I never know how to start these things. Do I do a survey to say who I am and what I'm all about? Aside from being ridiculously unoriginal, it takes up too much time and I'm just not interested in doing that. In my lifetime, I've had 6 livejournals, a xanga, a myspace blog, and a written journal at one point or another. Really, not even kidding. Normally I started the online journals with a post such as "I am amusing." or "Hi." However, I feel like this is different than those in some way. Maybe because everything I post is public? I don't really know.

Anyway, I guess I should start with the basics. I'm Esther. You can call me Oyster. Or Squidget. (Wow, haven't thought about that nickname in awhile.) I'm a musical theatre major. I live in a small town. I plan on moving to New York someday, and possibly Israel after that.

Well, now that we've gotten the boring introductions over with....I don't really know what else to write. I've had this blog for about a year and a half, and I'm just now getting around to writing in it. I was writing in my last livejournal for a few months, but...I sort of phased it out somehow. I started reading a blog by Jen Lancaster (Jennsylvania.com) and it got me interested in writing again. Interesting and funny authors do that to me, they make me want to tell my story. Of course, then I don't feel funny anymore because I'm comparing myself to them, but that's beside the point I suppose.

I just got back from Israel on Sunday, but I think I'll write about that later. This is still the "introduction post" or whatever.

Hmm. I guess that's it for now then.


But I'll leave you with this:

"Never regret. If it's good, it's great. If it's bad, it's experience." - Victoria Holt

No comments: