Saturday, March 29, 2008

My (Not So) Weird Day

So today was interesting. Kind of. It started out with me waking up before my alarm went off, which has pretty much been happening all week. My body clock is still all out of whack from coming back from Israel, I guess. But at least it means that when I wake up I'm not ridiculously tired like I was before break, so that's good.

Anyway, I spent the two hours I had before my alarm went off looking online at a bunch of random things like my old livejournal, people's facebook/myspace pages, and constantly checking my e-mail. I'm a compulsive website checker. If I'm at home and near my computer, I tend to refresh pages multiple times an hour. I like checking to see if anything new has arrived. Usually I'm disappointed and nothing shows up, but sometimes I'm surprised by the things that magically appear in my inbox. For instance, a coupon for 20% off a dvd collection at Borders. Too bad there are no Borders near me. Sadness. ANYWAY. Wow, talk about a tangent.

When my alarm finally went off at 9, I got up and got ready for school, then made my way over to the bus stop. I got there 20 minutes before the bus was supposed to come, which was dumb, but I wasn't really paying attention to the clock. It was pretty chilly out, which was kind of weird. Before break it was ridiculously warm, almost to the point of wanting to wear shorts. Some people actually did, but I don't really own any shorts. But again, TANGENT. So while I was waiting for the bus, since I had oodles of time, I read. I'm currently reading Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. So far it's pretty good, but I'm really only a few chapters into it. I just finished In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner on Tuesday, and I really enjoyed that, so I figured I'd read books by the same author. I do that sometimes, I'll just go to bookstores and buy 2 or 3 or 8 books by the same author and just read all the books by that author. It's especially good when I actually like the author's writing style.

At about 9:30, Casey (my roommate) showed up at the bus stop, so that was neat. I don't think we've ever taken the bus together on a Friday. How exciting! Ha. We talked for a little bit on the bus, which was nice. We don't talk much anymore because we're both so busy. (Or rather, he's busy. I spend my time doing a whole lot of nothing. Except homework. And reading. Woo.) It was nice catching up with him. Once we got to school we went our separate ways, him to his English class and I headed off to my Beginning Voice class. This week we sang our narrative/storytelling songs. I sang "Someday" from The Wedding Singer. Daun said that I'm getting better, but I feel like I'm not really doing anything different. But apparently I am, so that's cool. Woo. Then there was Studio Voice, blah blah blah.

Marty gave me a ride home after class, and I basically looked for internships and jobs for the rest of the day. I ended up applying for about 15 different kinds of jobs, so hopefully something will come of it. I figure the more I apply for, the better my chances are of getting a possible offer. Right? Right.

Casey and I went to meet Michelle (his girlfriend person who isn't his official girlfriend...or something...) for lunch at Broadway Heights. I love that place. It's expensive, but the food is SO GOOD. Their Thai Chicken Sandwich? Mmm. And the spicy pasta...yum...ok now I'm kind of getting hungry again. We went to Powell's (the candy store) after we finished lunch, which was fun. They always have Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory playing in there. I wonder if they employees get tired of it being on a loop all the time. Then we made our way back home, where I went back to looking for internships. (The final tally of 15 didn't happen until about 1:30am, so...yeah. Just to clear that up. In case anyone was confused. Because so many people read this. Yeah.)

Around 7:30 I went with Stina and Marty to go shopping for coal's for their hookah and alcohol for drinking. After that extravagant (...boring...) shopping trip, we headed back to Stina's to watch French Kiss and eat cake. I love that movie. Kevin Kline is hilarious. That whole move is awesome, lots of comic moments. Like when she raises her hand on the airplane? Or falls over the tray of food? Or when he says something about how he's changing just for her. Awesome. Cracks me up. I'm so glad I found that movie. Carly came over just as the movie was starting, so that was cool. Then Eric came over during the one racy part of the movie. Ha. And Stina made cake while we were watching! Which was DELICIOUS. Seriously.

After the movie, Carly and Eric left, and then Kelsey came home! We started talking about drugs (like sleep aids and strep throat drugs and whatnot. And kind of shrooms, but only for a second.) Then we were talking about how if someone of authority tells you something, like a doctor, chances are you're going to believe it. How weird is that? You would just take everything they say at face value, just because they are supposed to know what they're talking about. But really, anything they say could be untrue, right? We were also talking about how some anti-depressants actually CAUSE depression or suicidal thoughts. That's so ridiculous. They're supposed to help, not make things worse. But yeah.

Then Marty and Kelsey ran to jump in the pool superquick (even though it was COLD outside), then came back and got dressed. After that they all went to Whitney's (I think), and I went home to find more internships and stuff. A few minutes after I got home, Casey told me that people were coming over, which was...cool, I guess. Danielle and Leo and James and Jimmy came over to play some video games. I pretty much stayed in my room looking at internships (yeah, I'm determined to get a job, whatever), but I peeked my head out for a few minutes to give Danielle, Jimmy, and Leo their Israeli pop rock chocolate. I only have one bar of that left. I haven't decided if I'm going to give it to someone or keep it for myself. It's just so good...Who knows? Maybe I could share it with someone. We'll see.

Jimmy popped into my room for a bit, so I talked to him, and that was cool. He auditioned for SRT and got in, so that's awesome. A lot of people got cast in SRT this summer, which is so good for them. Jimmy and I talked about our breaks (kind of) and what we're planning to do with our summers and stuff, so....there was that. It was nice talking to him. I get kind of disconnected with people sometimes. Then he decided to go home, so that was the end of that.

Eventually, at about 3:30, Danielle and Leo left. So....I was reading for a bit, and then decided I wanted to write in this thing. Yeah.

So basically that's it. I guess sometimes I leave parts of stories out and it makes it confusing or less interesting. But whatever. I think I'm off to bed, I kind of feel sick. So. Goodnight!

No comments: