Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Boring Time Max

Dear James Franco,
You're very pretty, but please, don't ever write another movie. Unless you get some serious help.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Esther

Yesterday, because there was almost nothing to do, the interns and I decided to watch a movie. We picked "Good Time Max" because it looked interesting, had James Franco as the writer/director/star...and because they didn't have Charlie Bartlett.

We piled into the conference room, turned on the movie...and seven hours later came out thinking "I want my life back." Ok, seven hours is exaggerating just a tad. The movie's run time is actually only about an hour and a half, but it is SO dragged out that it made me feel like I wasted my entire day watching it. Nice try James Franco. Granted, it must be difficult to write, direct, and star in a movie all at once, but really? Get help next time.

Thankfully, later we made up for it by watching the Italy/France soccer game. With snacks. And beverages. Woo.

There's a new show at the Ontological, too. It's called Helsinki Syndrome, and this is their first time performing in NY. It opens tonight, and I haven't seen any rehearsals, but it seems like it will be one hell of an experience. Somehow a show that has flashlights and blood and snowflakes seems like a recipe for perfection.

That's about it for now. Peace out, homeskillets.

No comments: