Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh New York...

So. I've made it to New York! Hurray for me.
I haven't been here for long, but in New York a day is like a week. Or a month. Or a year. So I'm told.

I arrived in New York around 11pm on Wednesday with a few airport mishaps (someone was in our parking spot and then we were parked 6 inches too far forward. Ridiculous.), then I was off to Daniel's for the night.
The next day (Thursday) I headed to Susie's (my cousin) to get situated in my temporary home. Not a bad place to stay, let me tell you. I kind of feel like Annie - first I'll do the windows...then the floors! Seriously. I'm not accustomed to this kind of luxury. Two story apartment on Park Ave, not bad at all.

Friday was spent wandering around. I walked ALL OVER. Started at Susie's (76th and Park), then wandered down to Times Square (48th and Broadway), then to Daniel's (59th and 2nd Ave), then back to Susie's. And then Daniel and I went to David's surprise party (26th and 6th? or something like that.) David's surprise party was fun, I got to hang out with Rebecca and Aunt Terry and Uncle Bruce and meet all his friends and the like. Good times. Then Daniel and I split a cab back up to our respective homes.

Saturday it rained, but I wandered around a bit anyway. Susie and Alan left for the weekend, so I was on my own for a bit. Not too bad.

Sunday was the Salute to Israel Parade! It was pretty cool. I met up with Jenna and Irene, who I met on JNF's ASB trip, and we watched the parade together. I was waiting to see if I knew anyone from JNF who was marching, but sadly we didn't recognize anyone. Towards the end of the parade I noticed I was turning a tad bit red, so I headed home before the sun did any more damage. I watched a movie and waited for Susie to come home, then went to bed around 11.

Monday: Day 1 of my Tribeca internship. I got there and was introduced to Kate and Laura, Craig's assistants, and Kaitlyn (sp?) the other intern who was interning for Kate and Laura. Kate gave us a quick tour, took us over to the cinemas (which were locked), then over to T65 where we would be working. It's a very relaxed environment, which is cool. The only project I really worked on that first day was sorting the dvds. If one person sent in more than one submission to TFF, then I had to pull the multiple dvds out, stick them in jewel cases, and put a post it on it saying the name of who sent it in. Awesome. The rest of the day was devoted to surfing the web. And searching for release dates of TFF alum. Woo! David, another guy who has two interns (Harrison and Lexi) took all the interns from T65 out to lunch at this place called Peace and Love. Really good food. Then it was back to surfing the web. It's really busy here at Tribeca, you better watch out. After I left, I went home. Ontological said that they didn't need me since the show was in "run mode". Susie asked if I wanted to see a movie, I said sure, so we went to see The Visitor. Good movie. It's definitely not one of those uplifting movies though, that's for sure.

Tuesday: Arrived at Tribeca at 10:30. Spent the day looking up release dates...and looking at LOST theories. (There are some ridiculously funny recaps of the season finale out there!) At 1 I went to lunch with Kate and Kaitlyn at "Bubby's". Really good food. I tried to meet up with Craig (he left) and Jon (he was in a meeting), but that didn't happen. Maybe later this week. We all left at 5:30. Exciting day! Ha. I had to get to Ontological, so I got on the Subway (woo) and made it over there just in time for my 6pm start time. I met Shannon, and some of the actors, then got the water bottles and props and stuff ready for the show. at 7:15, Shannon showed me how to run the box office! I was important. Ha. The doors opened for the show at 7:55, then the show started at 8:05. After the show started I tallied up all the ticket sales, then at 8:55ish the show was over. I left at 9, made it back to Susie's around 9:45. Not bad.

Wednesday: Not much has happened yet today. I got to Tribeca really early, so I went over to Peace and Love to get a coffee and read before I actually had to be there. Now I'm just hanging out, surfing the web, looking at blogs and whatnot. Maybe I'll get lunch at 1. Woo.

I guess that's all for now!

Dave is playing at the Marriott Marquis on Broadway on Saturday, so I think Josh (from the cruise) and I are going to meet up and go listen. As Borat would say...Nice!

No comments: