Thursday, June 26, 2008

Close Encounters

I was thisclose to meeting my cousin Craig today. THISCLOSE. I was sent on an errand to deliver a book to his home before he leaves for the airport. I'm in the cab on the way there, when I get a phone call from K, Craig's assistant and one of the girls I'm interning for.

K: "So...are you going to say hi to Craig?"

Me: "I was planning on it."

K: "Ok good. Just say 'hi, I'm your cousin,' simple as pie."

Me: "Oh, I was going to more along the lines of 'Hi, I'm Esther,' and then wait for the blank stare."

K: "That works too. He's leaving for the airport pretty soon, so he'll probably be out of sorts."

Me: "I kind of figured."

K: "Ok, call me when you're done. Bye!"

Click.

Five minutes later, I'm standing outside of the Dakota, his GINORMOUS home, and K calls again.

K: "Hey, since Craig is running off to the airport he just wants you to leave the book with his doorman. So just drop it off."

Awesome. So, I've yet to meet Craig, my cousin, who I've been interning for for almost a month now. Cool.

On the upside, I did meet Jon, my other cousin last night. So that was exciting.

The end.

No comments: