Monday, June 09, 2008

A la TFF

Nothing really new to report as of yet. Still keeping semi-busy at TFF. I ran a few errands last week. Helped Kate and Laura organize Craig's books and put them in a closet. Organized the submissions from '07.
Thursday night I got to watch the show at Ontological. Very interesting. As I told Dan (the director?), it's not as peppy as Wicked but not as depressing as Spring Awakening. He liked that comparison. Sweet.

Friday I woke up to some sad news. One of my friends that I've known since nursery school (maybe even before that) took her life Thursday night. It really sucks. The last time I talked to her she told me she was doing ok, but that was back in December. I'm just glad she's out of pain now, even though it sucks. That's all I can say right now.

Friday night I went to Daniel's friend Dan's sister's place for Shabbat dinner. It was really cool, the room we were in had a great view of the city. After dinner I went home and had a mellow night. I wasn't really in the mood to go out and party or anything.

Saturday I had work at Ontological again, so I headed over there around 3. They had me vacuum the carpet (confetti was getting all over the place!), fill the water bottles/beer bottle, and sweep the stage, and then I had a break until Dan got there. I cut the pieces of cake for the actors (good cake too - marshmallow and chocolate...yum...), then had a break again until 7:15, where we opened the box office. The other two interns got to watch the show, and I stayed outside and tallied the sales totals. Woo. Fun times.

After the show I met up with Josh (from the cruise) at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. We got there while Dave was on his break, so we caught up for a little bit until Dave got there. Then Dave went over to play the piano and Josh and I moved from the bar to sit closer to the piano. It was a good night, I think. This woman went up to sit next to Dave on his piano bench and was sitting really close to him and being all awkward, saying things like "you play piano just like my husband", and then I think she went and asked some random guy to dance. She was drinking his water and everything. Super awkward. Ha. After Dave finished playing I went home and went to bed. It was really good to see Josh and to hear Dave again, but we definitely missed the rest of the crew!

Sunday I sort of hung around the house. It was really hot outside! There were talks of a heat wave, and as I am not a huge fan of sweltering heat, I stayed in my air conditioned room. I talked to Geoff around 10. It was good to talk to him, but sad at the same time. He said he might come to NY soon, so that would be cool.

We haven't been given any projects yet today, so Lexi, Kaitlyn and I watched "My Marlon and Brando," a submission from the festival. It was interesting. And sad. I hope we watch a happy movie next. Ooh, and Wednesday I think Lexi, Kaitlyn and I are going to go see Passing Strange! I'm excited about that, it was ridiculously good when I saw it last time. Woot.

I think it's just about time to do the mail, so peace out homeskillets.

No comments: