Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mmm...cappucino.

I can't believe that it's only 3:30. Today feels like it has been going by SO slowly, it's bordering on ridiculous. Anyway, I guess I should recap last week so I (and you) can remember (and know) what I've been up to.

Tuesday was spent doing a whole lot of nothing as usual. Nothing to do at the theatre either, so I went a-wandering around, then ended up at home.

Wednesday the interns (Kaitlyn, Lexi, Harrison, and I) went out to get drinks with David, one of the guys from the other building who actually works at Tribeca. It was a pretty fun night. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Thursday Helsinki Syndrome had their second show, which went well. I didn't get to see the show that night though, so I'll save that for later. Lots of cleanup that went pretty quickly though, so that was nice.

Friday Janya came to visit me all the way from Washington DC! It was definitely awesome having her here. We explored Times Square and the surrounding area, even somewhat checking out the Fashion District. Somewhat. We sort of couldn't find it sometimes, so we'd loop around and end up somewhere that we weren't expecting. Meh. We went to hang out at the Playwright Tavern in Times Square for a bit, where we drank cider and watched the soccer game for a bit, then had dinner at Friday's. Very unimpressive. Anyway, then we went to see Altar Boyz!! First show I've seen in NY this trip that wasn't where I worked. Very cool. The show itself was hilarious, the Boyz had great energy, and the voices were amazing. Michael Kadin Craig, who played Matthew, JUST graduated from college last year. Incredible. And Neil Haskell from So You Think You Can Dance was in the show too. Everyone did such a good job, I'm glad it was my first show.

Saturday I slept in (ah, the gloriousness of sleep), then headed down to the East Village to wander around a bit. Went to the theatre, hung out in the nice cool air conditioning, then got to watch the show! It was very interesting. I'm not quite sure I know what was going on, but it was definitely an experience. And it was funny! Polar bears + snowstorms + fake blood + glitter = amazing. And the company members were all really awesome. After the show I went out to the Telephone Bar (which is mentioned in Passing Strange!) with the company plus Brendan (the stage manager for the night). Then Brendan accompanied me home (we both take the 6 train to get home, how exciting! ha.), and I went home and went to bed.

Sunday was strike for Helsinki Syndrome, so I was there from 10-12, then hung out with the interns for a bit, then headed home for a quick nap before watching Gone Baby Gone with Daniel and his friends. Interesting movie.

Yesterday involved a lot of organizing at the office, then going to the theatre and actually building a set! Exciting.

Today we watched I'm Reed Fish. Then later there's an intern mixer. And then I get to go to a rehearsal. How overwhelming.

Sad. Lexi just showed me how they do the sawing a person in half trick. I feel so disillusioned. I guess on that note I'll go back to....doing nothing. Slash making coffee.


P.S. Sorry these posts are so long with very little entertainment value. Ha. If you want entertainment though, go to Craigslist. Those posts are CRAZY. No joke.

No comments: